What are the security search requirements?
- Everyone is subject to search and will proceed through security checkpoints and search areas.
- Exact checkpoint procedures will vary due to security posture and location of entry points.
- Security Forces has the right to refuse anyone admittance to the air show who fails to consent to a search.
What can I bring onto the air show grounds?
Visitors are limited to the following items which will be subject to search.
- Small purses or fanny packs
- Cameras and/or camcorders with “small” camera bags
- Diaper bags
- Baby strollers
- “Small” lawn chairs only (no lounge chairs)
- Wheelchairs, canes, guide/working dogs to assist disabled individuals
- Water in clear plastic bottles only (all other liquids are prohibited)
The following items are prohibited from being brought onto the Youngstown Air Reserve Station, Ohio for
the 2020 Thunder Over the Valley Air Show:
- Firearms of any kind (eg. hand guns, air pistols, rifles, shotguns, automatic or semi-automatic weapons)
- Ammunition of any kind
- Weapons of any kind (eg. bows and arrows, crossbows, slingshots, brass knuckles, nunchucks, clubs)
- Non-lethal weapons any kind (eg. TASERs or O.C. Pepper Spray)
- Knives of any kind
- Incendiary devices of any kind
- Explosive material of any kind
- Roller blades, skateboards, skates, scooters and bicycles
- Portable frequency scanners
- Illegal drugs
- Backpacks, large handbags (except camera bags, small purses, and small diaper bags)
- Coolers of any kind (except small coolers for infant needs)
- Cans, bottles, or liquids of any kind (except baby bottles)
- Pets (except certified working dogs for disabled individuals)
The United States Air Force Reserve and the 910th Security Forces Squadron reserve the right to deny
entry to persons which may be carrying items not necessarily listed above but are deemed dangerous by
law enforcement officials. All personnel are subject to screening prior to entering the Air Show.
If you follow the above policies, it will make your inspection process a lot easier.